Aqara Smart Wall Switch H1 (no neutral, single rocker)
Make your lighting smart within minutes! Simply swap out your existing light switch for the Aqara Smart Wall Switch H1 (No Neutral), bind to the hub, and you now have smart lighting! No Neutral wire? No problem! With this Aqara Switch, needing a neutral in your light switch for smart lighting is a thing of the past! Perfect for traditional British homes. The Aqara Smart Wall Switch H1 (No Neutral) is a smart switch that turns on and off the power of lights and other electrical devices. After binding with an Aqara hub, it can implement remote control via the Aqara Home app, timed control and other functions, and can work with other smart devices in smart home automation.
Aqara Smart Wall Switch H1 (no neutral, single rocker) is compatible with the following systems:
EAN / Barcode: 6970504214774
Aqara’s flagship wall switch
Based on the Zigbee 3.0 wireless communication protocol*, the Aqara Smart Wall Switch H1 (No Neutral) is a smart switch that turns on and off the power of lights and other electrical devices. After binding with an Aqara hub, it can implement remote control via the Aqara Home app (iOS/Android), timed control and other functions, and can work with other smart devices in smart home automation.
- No Neutral Wire Required: Simple installation for any home, perfect for traditional UK homes that usually do not have a neutral wire in the wall switch. Thanks to the Aqara no neutral H1 wall switch, this is no longer a problem. Have a neutral wire? Then check out the With Neutral version for additional features such as energy monitoring and Zigbee router (extender) built in.
- All-Round Compatibility: Supports most popular voice assistants and ecosystems: HomeKit, Alexa, Google, IFTTT.
- Standalone Functionality: Functions as a normal light switch as well as being smart, perfect for those family members who aren’t quite yet used to having a smart home. No need to worry about blackouts, if someone accidentally switches off the hub, or your Wi-Fi goes down, the H1 wall switch will still work as a traditional light switch.
- Zigbee 3.0 Protocol*: Enjoy the benefits of the fastest, most stable, and energy-efficient smart home technology. Better stability and compatibility (more standardized protocol), longer support and more features.
- Support of Round Wall Boxes: Apart from 86mm square wall boxes, the H1 also supports round European wall boxes.
- Premium Build and Metal Frame: The H1 uses Aqara’s flagship, cleaner design preferred by the majority of Aqara’s users. The metal frame makes it more rigid and durable.
- 2-Way Setup Support with Wireless Switch H1: An existing 2-way setup can be upgraded to the smart one using the Wall Switch H1 EU and the Wireless Switch H1, which can be placed both on top of the existing wall box used for a secondary 2-way switch or on any flat surface such as a wall using the provided sticky pad.
- Convert to Wireless Switch Function: The button of the switch can be remapped so that you will get an extra “wireless switch” while the light will be controlled by automation.
- Overheat Protection: With overheat protection, you can be sure your home is safe and secure.
- LED Indicator Behavior Setting: The behaviour of the LED indicators can be configured via the Aqara Home app. From now on, you will be able to choose, if you want to turn it off completely, make it turn on when the switch is on or vice versa. *Not all of these options are available for the No Neutral version.
- Modular Design: Switch has two parts: the “relay” part and the “button” module. Button module*** can be upgraded to a different one in the future or in case of malfunction.
*A compatible Zigbee 3.0 Aqara hub (including Hub E1, Hub M2 and Camera Hub G2H) is required.
***No add-ons are available currently.
Manuals and Guides
Frequently Asked Questions
What are the similarities and differences between the Smart Wall Switch H1 (With Neutral Version) and the Smart Wall Switch H1 (No Neutral Version)?
Both are smart wall switches with the same main functions. However, the former needs to be connected to the neutral wire and the live wire, and the latter only needs to be connected to the live wire for the power supply. You need to choose the Smart wall switch which best fits the lighting wiring of your home.
What is the difference between a smart wall switch and a smart wireless remote switch?
The wall switch needs to be connected to the wire. The most important function is to remotely and intelligently control the power of the connected circuit. To transform the ordinary electric light into a smart light, the wall switch is required; the wireless switch is a controller that can control wall switches and other devices via the app but cannot directly control non-smart lights independently.
Which lights or appliances are not supported by the Smart Wall Switch H1 (No Neutral Version)?
Lights such as smart lights, color-changing lights, gradient lights, remote control lights and light strips, and high-power appliances such as bathroom heater are not supported.
How do I distinguish between a live wire and a load wire?
Normally, the live wire is red, the neutral wire is black or blue, and the lamp load wire is generally green or yellow. It is recommended to allow a professional electrician with the correct equipment to conduct a test before installation.
Will it be short-circuited if it is wired incorrectly?
In the case of an incorrect connection, the wall switch may not work normally, and the switch may burn out in severe cases. Ensure you strictly follow the wiring instructions, or you should hire a professional electrician for installation.
How much power does the Smart Wall Switch H1 need in order to work properly?
- Since the Smart Wall Switch (With Neutral, Single/Double Rocker) is connected to the neutral wire and the live wire, there is no minimum load requirement.
- For the Smart Wall Switch (No Neutral, Single/Double Rocker), normally each load can support 3W energy-saving lamps, LED lamps or 16W fluorescent lamps at least. However, for some lamps of small brands or lamps with poor materials, due to the internal circuit design of the lamps, even if the power is greater than the above requirements, it may cause abnormal phenomena such as lamp flicker and switch crashes. Please choose the lamp carefully.
*Please note: If it is an old-fashioned tube lamp with a starter, please replace the electronic starter.
Why does the light flicker when the Smart Wall Switch H1 (No Neutral Version) turns off the light?
When the power of the lamp connected to the Smart Wall Switch H1 (No Neutral Version) is lower than the minimum power requirement, occasionally it will flicker when the switch is turned off. In addition, lamps of mainstream brand works better with Smart Wall Switch H1 (No Neutral Version) and some lamps of small brands or copycat manufacturers may flicker or cause the switch to crash due to the poor internal circuit design and material problems. Ensure you choose the lamps properly.
Does the Smart Wall Switch H1 support dual-/multi-control functions?
Firstly, by using the Smart Wall Switch H1 with the Wireless Remote Switch, dual-/multi-control functions can be used very easily. The Wireless Remote Switch can be put in most places in your home to control the Smart Wall Switch via smart automation; secondly, if the original switches in your home are dual-controllers and you only replace one of the switches with the Smart Wall Switch H1, ensure you keep the other ordinary switch short-circuited and replace it with a wireless switch, otherwise, the Zigbee communication module of Smart Wall Switch cannot be powered when the other switch is powered off and the switch cannot be controlled intelligently.
What is the depth of the Smart Wall Switch H1 installed inside the wall?
The size of the product is 85.8*86*37.55 (mm), and the depth of the Smart Wall Switch installed inside the wall is within 30mm.
Physical and Performance Attributes
Misc Product Attributes
Dimensions: 85.8×86×37.55 mm
Input Power: 100-250VAC, 50/60Hz, Max. 8A (resistive load), μ
Wireless Protocol: Zigbee 3.0
Operating Temperature: 0°C～40°C (32°F～104°F)
Operating Humidity: 0%~95% RH, non-condensing