Aqara Presence Sensor FP2
Aqara Presence Sensor FP2 is a smart home game changer that uses cutting-edge millimeter-wave radar technology to accurately detect the presence of people, even with slight movements. With its zone positioning and multi-person detection capabilities, it offers significant advantages over traditional PIR infrared motion sensors. It can control other smart home devices through ecosystems such as Apple Home to achieve wider applications, and it features functions such as human fall recognition and a built-in light sensor. Reinvent your space with the Aqara Presence Sensor FP2, the perfect helper for achieving automation of different personalities in your home.
Aqara Presence Sensor FP2 is compatible with the following systems:
EAN / Barcode: 6970504219663
Aqara Presence Sensor FP2 – Smart Home Game Changer, Reinvent your space
Aqara Presence Sensor FP2 uses cutting-edge millimeter-wave radar technology, which can accurately detect the presence of people even with slight movements. This technology ensures continuity and stability of the smart device. It also has the function of zone positioning, which allows for the automation of different conditions in different zones, such as beds and tables. One space can now be divided into up to 30 small zones and recognize up to five targets (Multi-person Detection). It can also control other smart home devices through ecosystems such as Apple Home to achieve wider applications. It features functions such as human fall recognition and a built-in light sensor. Likewise, it is a great helper that can truly combine the diversity of the user’s home life and realize the automation of different personalities.
Aqara Presence Sensor FP2 Features:
- Zone Positioning: It offers significant advantages over traditional PIR infrared motion sensors by using a single radar sensor to monitor rooms up to ca. 430 sq ft (ca. 40 m2)*. Furthermore, you can divide it into up to 30 zones, such as sofa, bed, or desktop. Additionally, you can set up individual automation for each zone. It is as if you were using several PIR motion sensors simultaneously with one Presence Sensor, FP2.
- Multi-person Detection: Up to 5** target people can be detected simultaneously. The result is that, while dividing the space, it can also respond automatically according to the position of different people without interfering with each other.
- Ultra-High Precision: Privacy and detection accuracy are taken into consideration. It is capable of recognizing non-inductive signal detection without collecting real images. Automation, in general, can be achieved locally. Millimeter-wave radar technology is more stable than infrared sensor detection, even when you’re sitting or sleeping.
- Control Other Devices via HomeKit, etc.:The FP2 is exposed as multiple sensors in HomeKit (and Home Assistant), Alexa and Google Home. You can integrate the sensor easily without requiring a hub, which is apparently the best solution for smart home enthusiasts to expand your smart home setup.****
- Fall Detection and Alerts***: When someone in a room falls, the FP2 can detect and notify you. It is made in the most private and convenient way possible, without the need to wear any devices or install a camera for constant monitoring. The range is a circle with a radius of 2 meters, and the accuracy of fall detection is >98%. The recommended installation height is 2.5 m-2.8 m.
- Built-in Light Sensor: Fully functional light detection sensor in the Aqara ecosystem. With it, lighting automation becomes much more flexible and enjoyable. The built-in light sensor also allows for advanced darkness-based home automation.
- Local Automation & Flexible Installation Ways: After the setup is complete, the product runs locally. FP2’s automation will still run as originally set if there is occasional Wi-Fi network instability. And it better protect your privacy. It has several installation methods to adapt in various installation scenarios.
- IPX5 and Hidden USB-C Port: Because of its IP rating, the sensor can also be installed in wet environments such as bathrooms. The sensor has an open USB-C port, which allows you to swap the included cable to any USB-C compatible one, increasing the placement flexibility.
*A recommended open detection space is 10 m2 -40 m2 .
** The best result can be achieved in the case of tracking not more than 3 persons.
***Only ceiling placement is supported for fall detection. And fall detection can only identify most normal fall scenarios and cannot be used as a substitute for medical equipment or vision. Currently, fall detection cannot distinguish between slowly falling against a wall or passing out after sitting down.
****Bluetooth is available for the future feature as Matter.
Aqara Presence Sensor FP2 Automations Examples:
1.Lean Away Mode without delays
Before, you needed to wait for dozens of minutes to make sure that the Away Mode will not be triggered while someone was at home. Now, you will be able to save energy and increase the protection without enabling the Away Mode manually.
IF Absence is detected by the Presence Sensors in each of the rooms, THEN Turn off the lights, Air Conditioning and arm the Alert System.
(Presence Sensor FP2 + Hub + Smart Plug/ Smart Lights)
2.Wake Up, automation that doesn’t bother your family members
The FP2 can detect if someone is still in bed, and the Wake-Up automation will not be triggered in case another person wakes up.
IF Someone enters the bathroom while presence is still detected in the bed zone, THEN Don’t open the shades*
*Two automation should be configured: for presence and absence in the bed zone
(Presence Sensor FP2 + Hub + Curtain Driver (Rod / Track)
3.Accent lighting that follows you
The lighting can now follow you around the room: only the lights near you will turn on, while other lights will turn off once you leave the area!
IF Presence is detected on the desktop, THEN Turn on the corresponding lights
(Presence Sensor FP2 + Hub + LED Strip/ Smart Lights/Smart Plug)
4.Detect the presence, and start home security
Turn on the G3 camera by detecting the presence of people in a larger space: if someone is detected by FP2, the G3 camera will be automatically turned on for monitoring and can cruise the situation living room.
IF Presence is detected in the living room, THEN Turn on the Aqara camera G3 to monitor.
(Presence Sensor FP2+ Camera Hub G3)
Physical and Performance Attributes
|Dimensions (L x W x H)||86 × 75 × 63 mm|
Misc Product Attributes
Product name: Aqara Presence Sensor FP2
Product Type: PS-S02D/PS-S02E
Recognition Range Wall mounting: 8 meters in the radial direction, with a horizontal angle of 120°, tracking up to 5 targets. Ceiling mounting: A circle with a radius of 2 meters, the
Power Supply: DC 5V 1A, Type-C ports
Wireless Protocol: Wi-Fi IEEE 802.11 b/g/n 2.4 GHz, Bluetooth 4.2 *Bluetooth is available for the future feature as Matter
Operating Temperature: -10°C ~ 40°C
Operating Humidity: 0~95% RH, non-condensing
Protection Rating: IPX5