Aqara Curtain Driver E1 – Track Version
Just fit the Curtain Driver onto the rail, and start enjoying automated control of your existing curtains based on weather, time, or other Aqara devices triggered.
Aqara Curtain Driver E1 – Track Version is compatible with the following systems:
EAN / Barcode: 6970504215122
Aqara’s easiest-to-use yet mightiest curtain controller
Just hang the Curtain Driver onto the rail, and start enjoying automated control of your existing curtains based on weather, time, or other Aqara devices triggered.
- Up to 1-Year Battery Life*: Energy-saving technologies and a huge 6400 mAh battery make the Curtain Driver E1 apparently the most long-lasting controller of its type. You can forget about charging it for up to a year.
- Zigbee 3.0 Protocol: Enjoy the benefits of the fastest, most stable, and energy-efficient smart home technology. Better stability and compatibility (more standardized protocol), longer support, and more features.
- Popular Curtain Track Support**: The Curtain Driver E1 supports practically any type of curtain rails or rods. Rod Version supports all the types, while a more cost-efficient Track Version only supports U- and I-Rails.
- Built-in Light Sensor: The built-in light sensor allows the Curtain Driver E1 to be controlled automatically based on the actual brightness: if it’s too bright outside, the curtains will open by themselves and vice versa!
- Maximum Load of 12 kg: The Curtain Driver E1 can pull even the heaviest curtains: thanks to its powerful motor, the maximum load can reach up to the record 12 kilograms!
- Easy Installation: The installation is very fast and does not require any additional tools: the Curtain Driver can simply be mounted onto the existing curtain rails.
- USB-C for Charging or Power Supply: The most modern and versatile Type-C port is used for charging or even powering the device constantly. (Please note: constant powering requires the cable to be placed freely to prevent it from being tangled).
- One-Button Remote Control: Thanks to the Aqara Home app (iOS/Android), the full operation of your curtain can be done by pressing only one button, such as the Aqara Mini Switch. Alternatively, Aqara Cube T1 Pro can be used to adjust the open rate by turning.
- HomeKit and Other Ecosystem Support: Compatible with the most popular ecosystems and can be controlled by voice. HomeKit, Alexa, Google, IFTTT, Alice, Marusya are supported.
- Device Grouping Support: You can choose between one or two Curtain Drivers per window. In case of installing two, they will be able to be grouped together so that they open the curtains simultaneously!
- Smart Home Automations by Time, Weather, and More: Connect the device to the Aqara Home app, and you will be able to forget about operating the device manually: after configuring the automations, it will be controlled by time, weather, or other Aqara devices!
- Adjustable Opening Speed: The speed of the motor can be adjusted, so it will work more silently and open the curtain slowly to make your waking up more comfortable.
** The actual battery life may vary depending on curtain weight, track length and friction.
* The Rod Version supports Rods, U-Rails and I-Rails and the Track version supports U-Rails and I-Rails.
1. Curtains will open automatically based on time, weather, lighting conditions, or other Aqara devices
In the mornings, the curtains will open slowly right before you wake up to make your mornings more pleasant. When the sun is too bright, the curtains will partially close. Finally, the curtains will open right before the sunset, so you can enjoy the view. Everything is configurable in the Automations section of the Aqara Home app.
(Aqara Curtain Driver E1 + Hub)
2. The curtains will close when you go to bed
At bedtime, an Aqara Motion Sensor located at the top of your bed will trigger the Curtain Driver E1 to close your curtains, so you can sleep more comfortably and have pleasant dreams.
(Aqara Curtain Driver E1 + Hub + Motion Sensor)
3. Bedroom curtains will close automatically when you are taking a shower
An Aqara Temperature and Humidity Sensor will trigger the Curtain Driver E1 to close the bedroom curtains when the humidity level rises in the bathroom, and your privacy will be protected when you come out of the bathroom.
(Aqara Curtain Driver E1 + Hub + Temperature and Humidity Sensor)
Manuals and Guides
Frequently Asked Questions
What kind of curtain rail does the Curtain Driver E1 (Track Version) support?
U-rail, requirements: Bottom slot width must be 8 mm or less, and the bottom surface should be kept flat with no protrusions.
I-rail, requirements: Bottom width must be 10 mm or more, and the bottom surface should be kept flat with no protrusions and the circular arc bottom surface is not supported.
Ensure there are no protrusions or steps on the rail caused by installing connecting devices.
What is the maximum bearing capacity for the curtain driver?
The maximum bearing capacity is 12 kg with U-rails and rods, and about 8 kg with I-rails. The actual bearing capacity will be affected by external factors such as wear of curtain rings, aging of rails and dirtiness.
Why can't the curtains be fully opened or closed after the curtain driver is hung on the rail and clasped?
After the curtain driver is hung on the rail and clasped, it is a necessity to set the route for it via the Aqara Home app or with the button on it.
How can I determine that the curtain driver has been clasped in place?
After the curtain driver is clasped in place, the buzzer will beep twice.
When you view the curtain driver from the side, the body of the curtain driver should be perpendicular to the bottom of the guide rail, and the drive wheel should not be stuck in the U-rail groove.
To check the curtain driver is clasped in place you can gently shake the curtains, if the position and posture isn’t easily changed then the curtain driver is clasped in place.
What if the curtains don't open and close automatically when I pull them manually?
Ensure the “Open/close curtains manually” function of the curtains has been enabled on the Aqara Home app. Then you can try to pull the curtain driver in the opposite direction for a distance (about 10 cm) and try again. If you feel it’s hard to pull the curtains by hand, you can pull the second or third fold of the curtains.
How can I reset the curtain driver?
Push and hold the Set button for 5 seconds, and release it until the indicator blinks orange rapidly and the buzzer beeps. Then, the indicator keeps blinking orange rapidly, this indicates that the curtain driver has been successfully reset.
Why does the curtain driver stop before running to the ending point?
This may happen due to any of the following reasons:
- The fully charged curtain driver could deviate from the original route if reinstalled, and it is necessary to set the route for the curtain driver again;
- The curtain driver is not fully clasped in place (the drive wheel is not fully attached to the guide rail);
- Ensure there is no foreign object on the curtain rail;
- Reset the route for the curtain driver in the Aqara Home app and try again;
- The curtain driver could have insufficient power;
- Please make sure that there are no protrusions or steps on the rail caused by installing connecting devices;
- Ensure the hanging rings of the curtain driver are in normal working condition, and there is no deformation caused by poor-quality materials, such as the rings being pulled apart.
Can I pull the curtains directly by hand to stop them halfway while the curtain driver is running?
The curtains will stop, but it may cause damage to the curtain due to the strength of the curtain driver drive wheel. You will have to reset the route for the curtain driver after you stop the curtains by pulling.
Is it normal for the curtain driver to rebound after running to the ending point?
Yes, it is completely normal.
The curtains are actually closed after performing the "open" action; while they are open after performing the "close" action. How can I adjust them in this situation?
Open the Aqara Home app and visit the device page, click in the top right corner to enter Settings > More settings > Curtain basic settings > Adjust the opening/closing direction of the curtain to make adjustments.
The opening direction of the curtain is opposite to the actual opening direction. How can I adjust when the left and right opening directions are different from the settings on the app?
Visit the Aqara Home app and go to the plug-in, click on the top right corner to enter Settings > More settings > Curtain basic settings > Curtain style to select Curtain open to the left or Curtain open to the right.
Does the curtain driver need to be used with a gateway device?
Yes, a hub with ZigBee 3.0 function is required.
Why doesn't the “Ambient light triggered smart connection” function in the app work after I set it?
Ensure the curtain driver is not blocked by walls, pelmets and other obstacles, and it will only work after the sensor is exposed to strong light.
Note: The ambient light triggered smart connection will only work after the timer and the illumination intensity have been met simultaneously. If it is mainly for scheduled opening and closing of the curtains, you are recommended to use the timer function in automation directly.
Can I set the ambient light triggered smart connection after creating a curtain driver group?
There is no option to directly set the ambient light triggered smart connection on the setting page of the curtain driver group, but it is possible to set the function on the setting page of the individual curtain driver device page.
Why does the indicator of the curtain driver blink red or stay red?
This happens when the internal temperature of the curtain driver is beyond the working range. In this case, you need to remove the curtain driver from the curtain rail. If charging is in progress, please disconnect the charging cable and stop charging, and then use it once the temperature returns to the optimal working temperature.
What if the rings at my home are too fragile and pulled apart?
You will have to purchase high-quality gliders in order for the curtain driver to work effectively.
Why isn't the curtain completely closed when the curtain driver has run to the ending point?
Check whether the curtains are blocked by other obstacles or dragged to the ground. You will be unable to close the curtains completely in both of these cases.
Why doesn't the curtain driver move while its drive wheel is running after it is hung on the rail?
- Check whether the curtain driver is clasped in place (the drive wheel is fully attached to the rail). If the curtain driver is not clasped in place, please clasp it in place following the user manual or the instructions in the Aqara Home app and try again. If the curtain driver is clasped in place, please check whether there is any malfunction at the hanging rings of the curtain driver, such as the ring being pulled apart. If there is any malfunction, attempt to restore the ring to its original state, or hang the curtain driver on other rings and try again.
- Check whether the selected curtain style is consistent with the actual situation when adding the curtain driver to the app.
How long is the battery life of the Curtain Driver E1?
The battery life is determined by external factors, for example, if the length of the track/rod is 1.5m, the weight of the curtain is 12kg, and the device is scheduled to open and close the curtain once a day, the curtain driver can run for around 9 – 10 months.
However the battery life can be influenced by the friction between the curtain and the track.
Physical and Performance Attributes
|-10°C ~ 50°C
|0-95% RH, no condensation
Misc Product Attributes
Dimensions: 140.5 × 96 × 44 mm
Battery: Rechargeable Li-Ion (Not Replaceable)
Wireless Protocol: Zigbee 3.0
What’s In The Box: Curtain Driver E1 × 1, USB-C to USB-A Cable × 1, User Manual × 1, Curtain Clamp × 1 (Rod Version Only), Plastic Tape × 1 (Rod Version Only), Curtain Wheels (Track Version Only)